About Bitcoin Pizza Day: Celebrating the $80 Million Pizza Order
22 May 2019 is Bitcoin Pizza Day. The date marks the ninth anniversary of the first Bitcoin transaction in which a Florida man paid for two pizzas with the cryptocurrency. The day has become part of folklore, not because of the transaction, but more the price: the man in question paid 10,000 Bitcoins for the two pizzas which today is worth over $80 million.
On 22 May 2010, now known globally as Bitcoin Pizza Day, Laszlo Hanyecz agreed to pay 10,000 Bitcoins for two delivered Papa John’s pizzas. Organized on a bitcoin forum, the Florida man reached out for help. “I’ll pay 10,000 bitcoins for a couple of pizzas so I have some left over for the next day,” Hanyecz wrote.
A British man took up Hanyecz’s offer and bought the two pizzas for him in exchange for the 10,000 Bitcoins. Since the inception of Bitcoin, Hanyeczs’ pizzas have become more and more expensive. Nine months after the purchase Bitcoin reached parity with the US dollar making the two pizzas worth $10,000 and in 2015, the fifth anniversary of Bitcoin Pizza Day, the two pizzas were valued at $2.4 million. Today, the Bitcoin price is just over $8,000 making the pizzas worth $80 million.
About Scotcoin Pizza Day
To celebrate Bitcoin Pizza day Rockvilla.pizza will hold an international auction of the Scotcoin.pizza which will run from 6pm GMT on 15 May until midnight GMT on 22 May.
The prize will be a Scotcoin pizza which will be delivered to the winning bidder wherever he or she is in the world.
All proceeds will be donated to Bobath Scotland, a cerebral palsy charity based in Glasgow, Scotland.
Bids can be made at > https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283485769486
The winning bidder will not just receive his Scotcoin Pizza but also an amount of Scotcoin equal to their bid the amount of their winning bid subject to a maximum of 2 million Scotcoin currently worth around £10,000.
About Rockvilla Pizza
Rockvilla Pizza is a new pizzeria based in the Rockvilla area of Glasgow. Its neighbours include, Scottish Ballet, The Glue Factory, National Theatre Scotland, The Whisky Bond, GAMTA and Scottish Opera. It offers a fantastic choice of sourdough pizzas, all at affordable prices. It is also Scotland’s first cashless pizzeria using the latest technology to allow our customers a smooth and seamless ordering experience.
Email: [email protected]
Established in 2013, Scotcoin is one of the first and most successful country related crypto-currencies on the market to date. It achieved widespread adoption in 2014 and continues to grow with over 3,000 holders globally. Scotcoin currently utilizes the power of the Bitcoin blockchain. Scotcoin has its origins within Scotland and is extremely proud of this but it is not limited to Scotland. It is envisaged that Scotcoin will be used by many people across the world for transferring wealth, goods and services within its new fully decentralized self-sustaining economy.
Email: [email protected]
About Bobath Scotland
Bobath Scotland is based in Glasgow and provides specialist therapy to those living with cerebral palsy (CP) in Scotland. Founded in 1995, the charity has grown and developed, both in the services provided and the number of people it is able to see. It offers support to anyone with a diagnosis of CP, regardless of their age or location, and endeavours to reach as many people as possible at its centre, online, and in their own communities.
Email: [email protected]
Terms and Conditions
Please note you submit your bid on the condition that you have read and accepted all the terms and conditions below. In particular that no lot may be transferred by the winner to any other person (as a gift or otherwise) unless specifically agreed by Rockvilla Pizza (“Rockvilla”).
The starting price of the lot is £100. Please see full auction terms and conditions below before bidding. The auction closes at Midnight on 22 May 2019. All bids are binding. Rockvilla’s decision is final.
1. By bidding for any lot you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. The auction is open to anyone aged 18 or over. Delivery of the Scotcoin Pizza will be free to the winner. Rockvilla reserves the right to make use of any delivery method they deem to be suitable, of which they will be the sole judge.
3. When you place a bid you thereby enter a contractually binding and irrevocable obligation to complete the transaction if you are the winning bidder. The winning bidder is the person certified to be the highest bidder by Rockvilla at the end of the auction, and it includes any under-bidder who is awarded the lot following the failure for any reason of a higher bid as decreed by Rockvilla. If there are two or more bidders with equal claims to be the winning bidder, Rockvilla will select one by drawing names out of a hat.
4. The decision of Rockvilla as to the winning bid or otherwise, together with any exercise of its discretion hereunder, is final and cannot be challenged, nor will any explanation or reason be given.
5. You are not able to retract any bid under any circumstances after it has been submitted.
6. Before you place any bid you must ensure that you are able to bid for and to buy the lot in compliance with the law and in accordance with these and any specifically applicable terms and conditions. It is the responsibility of all bidders to ensure that, if theirs is the winning bid, they meet any qualification required to be the winner of the lot.
7. If you want to know what qualification is required for the winner of any lot you should email [email protected]izza. If you are the highest bidder, but in the sole and unfettered judgment of Rockvilla you do not meet any such qualification, then Rockvilla will be entitled without challenge or complaint to award the lot to the next highest bidder who does meet the qualification.
8. The auction will terminate as specified. No cash alternative will be offered. Rockvilla accepts no liability should the lot, for any reason whatsoever, not conform to the bidders expectation.
9. The name of winning bidder will be published on Rockvilla Facebook page, on the Bobath Scotland website and on The Scotcoin Project website. The winning bidder can request anonymity
10. The winning bidder will be sent an email setting out the details for claiming their lot which will include requirements relating to the due payment of the bid fee and other matters. Failure to comply with all such requirements shall entitle but not oblige Rockvilla to declare a bid void, and if so the lot affected will be awarded to the appropriate under-bidder. If the bid is NOT declared void then the winning bidder shall remain liable for payment of the bid fee.
11. It shall be the responsibility of the winning bidder to come to agreement in respect of delivery of the pizza. Rockvilla will accept no liability for non-delivery once agreement has been reached in this regard. All the aspects of the fulfilment of delivery are subject to such agreement being reached over all relevant matters which may include the date such lot is to be made available, and subject to all general and specific conditions which apply to the lot.
12. Employees of Rockvilla, and members of their immediate family / households, are not eligible to bid or to take the benefit of a bid.
13. To the extent permitted by law, Rockvilla does not accept any liability for any loss, damage, claim or costs howsoever arising from or incurred wholly or partly by participation in the auction or fulfilment of the lot.
14. The decision of Rockvilla shall be final and unchallengeable and they may in their absolute discretion declare any entry void. Any exercise of discretion, or agreement, by Rockvilla specified in these Terms and Conditions shall be in their sole and unfettered discretion, and no reasons can be requested or will be supplied and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. In relation to the lot, the winning bidder warrants that the material supplied to us will contain nothing defamatory or in breach of anyone’s rights and will indemnify Rockvilla for any breach of this warranty.